In this CPS WebTips, we will be covering how to migrate a solution between Automate Evolve environments. For example, migrating a form from the QA/Test environment to the Production environment. In Foundation, this was accomplished by changing deployment profiles. However, in Evolve, there are no deployment Profiles. In Evolve, migrations are handled by exporting the Solution from one environment and importing it into another.
These are the steps to follow:
- Open the solution to evaluate the items associated with the form which will need to be exported/migrated. For example, Reference Data Lists, Evolve User Groups, Global Form Name Templates, Solution Data Libraries, etc.
- Within Evolve Composer, export Global Form Name Templates, Solution Data Libraries and other Data Connections as needed.
- In the source Evolve app, under Solutions - Reference Data Lists, export the Reference Data Lists from the source environment. Reference data lists must be exported one by one.
- Next, export the Solution.
- In the source Evolve app, under Configurations - Manage Groups Tab, export the user groups. Evolve will allow you to export multiple groups at once.
- Before importing to the destination app, verify the destination App has been created in the destination environment.
- In the destination app/environment, import the Reference Data Lists and User groups. Also import any other objects that needed to be created in the target app/environment.
- Import the Solution to the target environment.
- Import any applicable Form Name Templates, Solution Data Libraries, and other files.
- In Evolve Composer (while in the target environment) under Solution Variants, change the SAP Servers to point to the production SAP environment.
- Deploy the form and test.
- Address any issues/errors if found.
Watch the entire WebTips on how to migrate a solution between Automate Evolve environments.
Visit our entire WebTips library on our YouTube Channel.
Still have questions regarding this topic? Contact the CPS experts.
Not subscribed to CPS WebTips? Subscribe here.
Clear Process Solutions | Making the complex simple