- Wizard rules are setup via Winshuttle’s wizard by clicking ‘add rule’.
- Because the wizard walks the developer through the complex steps, they are easy to configure with powerful built-in functionality.
- Rules created using the wizard are less likely to have errors or cause problems.
- Custom rules are created without the assistance of the wizard.
- Because they can do anything, there is potential for problems. Custom code might contain errors, point to the wrong fields, or do the wrong things which cause testing problems for the developer.
- Good code writing includes using comments, aligning columns, and minimizing the number of lines of code.
- Add the word “debugger;” to be able to debug custom code.
Watch the entire WebTips session focusing on Winshuttle Composer Wizard Rules vs. Custom Rules:
Visit our entire Winshuttle WebTips library on our YouTube Channel.
Still have questions regarding this topic or any other Winshuttle features? Contact the CPS experts.
Not subscribed to CPS WebTips? Subscribe here.
Clear Process Solutions | Making the complex simple