CPS is the largest Winshuttle professional services team in North America. Our team has helped companies migrate their form & workflow solutions to Evolve and releases videos on a regular basis containing tips & tricks for Winshuttle users. In this CPS WebTips session, you'll learn the "how & why" behind extracting attachment names in Winshuttle Evolve.
How to extract attachment names in Evolve:
- Create a field that will store the attachment names. You’ll need one field per attachment control on your form.
- Add the attachment control to your form.
- In the attachment control properties, rename the attachment control to something meaningful. This is especially important if you have many attachment controls.
- In the attachment control properties, change the binding of the attachment control to the form field you’ve created to store the attachment file names.
- To see the attachment names, you can add the field you created to the form. Note that this is not necessary if you don’t need to see the names.
- When attaching multiple files to a single attachment control, the attachments will be added to the form field in a comma separated list.
Why would one need to extract the attachment names?
- There are workflow plug-ins (Add Attachment, Copy Attachment, Delete Attachment, Create Folder, etc.) that can help manage attachments and it’s often helpful to point to a specific attachment. Extracting the names of the files can facilitate the use of these plug-ins.
- Form requirements can dictate that the file name is checked to ensure it doesn’t have special characters.
- Form requirements can dictate that the file name be checked for length to ensure it’s not too long.
- Form requirements can dictate that the file attached has a specific name, for example, if a template should be populated and attached the to form. This can help ensure the proper file is attached.
Watch the entire WebTips session focusing on extracting attachment names in Winshuttle Evolve:
Visit our entire Winshuttle WebTips library on our YouTube Channel.
Still have questions regarding this topic or any other Winshuttle features? Contact the CPS experts.
Not subscribed to CPS WebTips? Subscribe here.
Clear Process Solutions | Making the complex simple