Are you a Winshuttle user and trying to decide whether to stay on Foundation or migrate to Evolve? In this WebTips session, brought to you by Clear Process Solutions, you will gain insight to the pros of migrating from Winshuttle Foundation to Evolve and how CPS can help.
Evolve Migration Pros:
The biggest and most important change from Foundation to Evolve is that Evolve does not run on the SharePoint platform. This is a huge benefit for customers who need to get off the on-prem instance of SharePoint as their company moves to Office 365.
- This is the new platform for Winshuttle and while Foundation has not reached it’s end of life, most enhancements and future development will be focused on the Evolve platform.
- The Studio desktop application is largely unchanged from version 12.1 of Foundation.
- The biggest and most important change from Foundation to Evolve is that Evolve does not run on the SharePoint platform. In fact, there is no need for an on-premise SharePoint environment anymore. This is a huge benefit for customers who need to get off the on-prem instance of SharePoint as their company moves to Office 365. It’s also important to understand that upgrading beyond SharePoint 2013 will result in additional license fees from Microsoft due to Microsoft depreciating the free version of SharePoint starting with SharePoint 2016.
- Evolve is much faster than Foundation and offers a more centralized place for all Winshuttle related tools and data.
Why use CPS for migrating to Evolve:
- CPS, as a Winshuttle partner, has access to a migration utility that drastically reduces the time it takes to migrate solutions. In fact, not using this utility requires you to rebuild your solutions in the new Evolve environment.
- This migration utility can also be used to mass migrate Winshuttle scripts. Again, not using this utility requires you to download all scripts from Foundation, open them in Studio, and complete the publication process in Evolve.
- CPS can save you hundreds of hours during your migration from Foundation to Evolve.
- Working with CPS to migrate your solutions will reduce the risk of errors be ensuring you do not have to manually recreate solutions in Evolve.
CPS has developed a free tool to analyze your migration effort to Evolve.
Watch the entire WebTips session focusing on Winshuttle Foundation to Evolve migration:
Visit our entire Winshuttle WebTips library on our YouTube Channel.
Still have questions regarding this topic or any other Winshuttle features? Contact the CPS experts.
Not subscribed to CPS WebTips? Subscribe here.
You may also be interested in our Winshuttle Foundation to Evolve Migration Webinar On-Demand
Clear Process Solutions | Making the complex simple